Hi, I’m Florence Blondel, a digital marketing specialist with a love for video, Social media and secondary graphics. I have professionally taken up social media, and digital marketing while working with 2 charities (education and health). I have also taken professional courses including the certified digital marketing professional from Westminster Business School, delivered by the DigitalMarketing Institute (DMI).
I can ably run online campaigns on most channels, use FB business manager to run promos by boosting posts, and create campaigns with Ads Manager. I have knowledge and skills in SEO, CMS (WordPress/Drupal), email marketing (MailChimp) and can schedule posts using different tools including Buffer, TweetDeck, HootSuite, and Facebook.
Campaigns and Projects Officer | Campaigns and Communications Intern at Population Matters July 2018 – July 2020
- Writing for and posting on the website (WordPress & Drupal) and social media. I helped create different pages and posts on the website
- Creating, curating and managing content through research, photography, videography, interviews
- Gathering photos from different stocking apps like Pixabay, Unsplash, Pexels and for use on our website/SM channels
- creating Facebook ads
- Repurposing our evergreen content and seeding it
- Social media training for local groups
- videos over here
Social Media Consultant, Scientists Warning, London, | July 2018 – 2019
- Drawing up the digital social media-focused strategy
- Setting up and running the Twitter account
- Advising the director on the best way to optimise the website and how to effectively use all other channels | creating and curating content
Communications Support Officer, Social Media Volunteer at Prospect Burma April 2017 – December 2018
- I developed the company’s first social media strategy and launched their UK focused donor page which I co-managed with the Communications Manager for about a year, and Twitter.
- I created the ‘customer’ persona and the brand blueprint including the PESTEL analysis. I have boosted posts as well as creating campaigns (low budget) to boost awareness, raise interest and also send traffic to our website. In fact about 13% of total desktop traffic was from Facebook.
- I also revived the linked in profile page and set up the company page which I managed solely since September 2017. I also set up the YouTube channel and provided content.
- To make these channels better I used social listening tools – especially to monitor mentions and other vanity metrics like likes, comments and shares, as well as competitors’ activities.
- I applied social media concepts and best practices to both organic and paid marketing activities on our platforms to meet the charity’s objectives.
- I used other digital storytelling skills through photography and videography.
- I generated content and refined the old. In doing so, I helped optimise our website and search traffic was above 65%. Using Facebook Business manager, I promoted well performing organic posts. Social media provided good traffic for our website at almost 30%.
- I ensured that metrics were in place to track, and report on most of our channels. For Facebook, I looked at the times when most followers were active online. This helped me adjust posting times and engagement improved. Additionally, I worked with the charity’s Facebook technical volunteer to identify solutions to enhance and optimise performance especially on Facebook.
- I actively helped run two cake sales, earning £375 for one in a day and over £250 for another. Both were promoted on Facebook targeting the people around our workplace.
Social Media & Digital Marketing Consultant at The Running Horse Aldgate Nov 2017 – November 2018
I have produced short marketing videos for the restaurant and other content on their Instagram and Twitter (from December 2017 when it had only 7 tweets since October when it was opened) channels. I developed their overall digital marketing strategy mainly for the LinkedIn company page (which I set up).
Communications and Conference Intern at Tropical Health and Education Trust, June 2017 – Nov 2017
I helped THET migrate from their old website to the new one. I uploaded over 40 posts to the impact interface including stories, case studies, and health worker profiles. I uploaded, edited and rewrote others for the blog. I also worked with different departments to get their content up on the website. I received training in using MailChimp from the Communications Officer Charlotte Ashton and it was great to see in real time subscribers opening their e-bulletin. Additionally, I live-tweeted the #THETConf .
NTV Uganda: Journalist
I used social media to organically market my stories especially #HealthFocus and I created the #HelpRosemary fundraising campaign. This was within a week and we collected over £26000 to care for all her treatment needs though unfortunately, she died. The rest of the money was used to build a much-needed waiting shade for patients at Uganda’s Cancer Institute, so I have a profound appreciation for social media.
- Certificate in Digital Marketing Strategy, UAL: London College of Communication
- Certified Digital Marketing Professional certificate from Westminster Business School delivered by the Digital Marketing Institute
- Training in Social Media Marketing on Twitter and Facebook, Search and Video Marketing, DigitalGrads
- Complete Digital Marketing Course delivered by Udemy
MSc Population and Development, 2:1, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE
Check out my LinkedIn page for my full CV